And things that looked so good yesterday are now shades of grey
And it seems like the world is spinning while I'm standing still
Or maybe I am spinning - I can't tell and then you say,
"Hey, you're OK. You'll be fine. Just breathe."
You have probably heard that song by Ze Frank, but if you haven't you really should. I can't say that I listen to that song every time I'm feeling down but I at least remember it and it calms me down. Everything's going to be alright.
Now, a quick presentation of Finnish school system: basically there's kindergarten, comprehensive school, gymnasium or career school and university or university of applied sciences. I have just finished gymnasium and I'm currently preparing myself to the matriculation exams. I'm not going to explain it very throughoutly, unless if you want me to explain it, but you can google it if you're interested. I have finished gymnasium but like most people I participate in these exams so that I get (hopefully) a certificate that'll help me when I'm applying to universities and/or universities of applied sciences.
Why am I telling you this? Because I haven't been to school in two weeks and although I kinda imagined this time as wonderful leisure time when I just read a lot and enjoy being home all the time without getting up every morning at 6:45 and dragging myself to school just to sit there until it's 3:15 pm and I finally get to go home. But it's not. I think I'm slowly loosing my mind and sense of time and I really miss going to school and seeing my friends. I need routines. I can't even go outside since it's so cold. It was the coldest February in 50 years, temperature stayed below -30°C (some -20° F) and there's a ridiculous amount of snow. It's almost too much for a native Finn like me but not quite.
| View from our backyard |
My snowball of anxiety. But as the days grow brighter and sun shines making temperatures climb up the thermometer my snowball is melting along with all the snow outside. There's only about a meter of snow anymore and temperature hovers around 0°C (32°F).
I have completely lost track of what I was going after with this but I think it had something to do with stress. I'm a person who really doesn't stress too much about things. I have days and moments when stress feels overwhelming but I soon realize how minute my problems are when compared to some people. Things usually sort themselves out when you just give them a gentle push to the right direction.
DFTBA
Miika
Thanks for reminding me of that song, And I know what you mean about stress snowballing like that.I hope my stress snowball can melt a little when spring finally settles in here.
ReplyDelete