Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Briefly before bedtime

Good evening day or morning depending on your time of the day.

I have a friend who has been part of the Youtube community for a long time. I never knew there was a community, I always thought it was a place to watch funny clips and music videos. Then one evening about a year ago she favorited Charlie's "Duet with myself" and I was sold the minute I saw it. Like Taylor I heard him talk about nerdfighters  and community stuff which led me to Vlogbrothers. That's basically my story of becoming a nerdfighter.

So I have been a nerdfighter for a year now and I find this all so awesome that it's hard to find words to describe it. I didn't just find a new, cool and interesting community but I found the whole idea of having a community on the internet. Being a small town boy from Finland I had no idea how there could be so many people with same ideals and mindset as me. The girl I mentioned is the only Finnish nerdfighter that I know but I'd really like to meet more of them.

I leave you with this not so well thought out and short post. My daily school ended a week ago, and we spent the last three days on a cruise to Sweden with my classmates and I haven't really slept that much. Luckily I turned on my computer and remembered Still life before I fell asleep. This is just the beginning and I can only go upwards from here. :)

DFTBA

-Miika

1 comment:

  1. I had the same kind of youtube experience. And even though I've tried to bring some friends and family into the youtube community, they can't see it as more than viral videos and babies laughing. *sigh* I'd love to hear more about that cruise, I have to admit that I'm a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete