“The Past: Our cradle, not our prison; there is danger as well as appeal in its glamour. The past is for inspiration, not imitation, for continuation, not repetition.” -Unknown
Today's post will have to be brief, I'm afraid. I've got a lot of projects, papers, and other homework activities this week, but I have time to whip up a quick post. I noticed that last week there began sort of a thread regarding the reduction of things and stuff and such. And while my dorm room can really only hold the things I need (and as such I have a place for everything), I realized that I hold onto a lot of emotional things I don't need to carry any longer.
I was thinking, yesterday, about where I was a year ago, a senior in high school almost ready to graduate. I was gearing up for Senior Breakfast, waiting to hear back from the colleges I had applied to. I was realizing that I was leaving my home and friends in search of a higher education. It was a pretty big time in my life.
I also realized yesterday that I had been holding on to some of the negative aspects of my high school career - the times where I felt it was all overwhelming and that I couldn't do it, the points where I felt depressed to the point of no return. I realized that it's not a positive thing, holding on to all those feelings. And so, I'm attempting to unload a bunch of my negative feelings from the past, the feelings that still remain with me today.
So, like Brad talked about finding a place for everything and getting rid of those things that are unnecessary. I'm doing this, only emotionally. I might be posting, along with my other topics, an update on how it's going.
So, I leave you all tonight in hopes that your life isn't nearly as hectic as mine right now - I'm hoping mine will disappear in the next week so I can relax for Spring Break next week!
Best wishes!
Taylor
P.S. Oh, and by the way, the post's title is a song title from the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban soundtrack - I'd highly recommend listening to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment