Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I have always sucked at deciding what is my favorite book or movie so deciding what is my favorite memory is rather hard. I'm not sure why I have this issue, you'd think it's pretty easy to define your favorite things but for me it isn't. Is this common?

We do have April fool's day here. I didn't fool anyone this year. It's not like I failed to prank someone, I just didn't do any pranks.

To the point now, I think my last memory from the last year was this one night, when I was walking our dog.
I ran about 2,5 kilometers to a nearby school, it was some -15 degrees Celsius so it was freezing cold but while running with a lot of clothing I didn't really feel it. I sat down on one of the swings to rest for a while before heading back to home. It was quite dark despite the street light, it was so silent that I could hear my heart beat and above me there was a starry sky. The feeling you get after running or some other physical activity was creeping up on me and I felt so good just sitting there doing nothing. The dog was sitting next to me and I got this "I am in complete peace" kind of feeling right there that night. You keep reading these quotes and advices from the internet how you shouldn't worry, everything's going to be alright etc. but at that moment I could understand them completely. I realized how minute my problems are in the midst of all this.

Sounds pretty corny but that's how I remember it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree; choosing favorites is always so difficult. There are so many parameters, and sometimes the "best" isn't always my favorite, you know? Also sometimes I think it just depends on mood.

    I think I had a moment kind of like the one you describe. It was summer and really hot, and I was all alone lying on the floor of my room, and I had a sort of epiphany about how small one person is compared to the entire world. I don't know if I felt content, but it felt like I and anything I do cannot possibly matter much in the grand scheme of things, on this huge planet and in all of time. It does sound corny trying to explain it, but I think I get where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete