It's like I willed this onto myself. It's already past midnight here, and I've just realized that today is Friday and I need to post something. After reading Elise's choices of punishments yesterday, I actually thought that maybe missing a post for once wouldn't be so bad- I've always wanted to try to make a vlog. And now it looks like I might actually have to choose one of the punishments to do.
I guess I'll go with a cliche (yet compelling) theme, since my brain is completely fried right now (a mixture of intense group video projects, overexposure to Tumblr, and just plain lack of sleep). My question is, What new place do you most want to travel to?
I always imagine that in my twenties, possibly even in college, I will impulsively buy a ticket to Greece and spend a month by the Mediterranean, soaking up the sun and gorging myself on moussaka and stuffed grape leaves. A vespa is probably involved. I have this romantic image of pure white buildings, domed and blocky, with blue doors and set against an azure sea. I guess I don't really know if Greece is like that; I just know that Mamma Mia and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants showed it that way, and I absolutely loved it.
I am incredibly fond of ancient European castles and tropical rainforests too, but Greece tops my list. Greece holds a certain romanticism tied to the Mediterranean sun and all the Greek myths I loved as a child. I imagine it's a place of excessive peace and sunshine and multi-culturalness, and that makes it my perfect vacation destination.
No comments:
Post a Comment