Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Quick Post

I am currently driving to New Mexico for Spring Break, and will therefore have to be brief. Here are my answers to the questions!

1. What is your favorite word?
Oh, I love so many words. My favorite would probably have to be vicissitude.

2. What is your least favorite word?
Pretty much any slang terms, or words that aren't real words but somehow manage to be used anyway (see: Sarah Palin's refudiate, which even my iPhone doesn't recognize as a word).

3. What turns you on?
Intelligence, Scottish, Irish, and English accents, Shakespearean language, Matt Smith speaking German (see: Christopher and His Kind).

4. What turns you off?
Ignorance, smokers, people who curse excessively, etc.


5. What sound do you love?
David Tennant's Scottish accent reading anything from a Doctor Who audio drama to Shakespeare's eighteenth sonnet to a bedtime story. Seriously, I could fall asleep listening to his voice.

6. What sound do you hate?
Loud, unexpected, and most unwelcome noises.

7. What is your favorite curse word?
I don't curse. I prefer using Shakespearean insults instead.

8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
A full-time novelist.

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Anything dealing with sales or calling on the phone.

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
Something to the effect of "Well, despite the fact you lived your entire life as an agnostic, questioning whether or not I existed, you still were more of a good person than most of your religious friends and, therefore, I would like to welcome you to heaven."

Happy Monday, I'll see you next week, perhaps with a Thoughts from Places from Albuquerque.

Best wishes!
Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment