Unfortunately, I fell victim to something known as the 'nap', as in 'well, why don't you rest your eyes for a few minutes.... oh, by the way, now it's 11:00.' So my apologies for the late post.
It was dawning on me today that this year of school is almost over - I have eight days of class left, three study days, three days of finals, a few weekends, and then I'm done (that translates to roughly two and a half weeks, for those who like more conventional time-telling methods). It seems crazy, when I think about how I felt at the beginning of the year - horrified at being roughly 1300 miles away from my family that I had spent the last 18 years with. I was convinced that I couldn't do it, do the whole college experience. I was going to end up dropping out like one of those losers who couldn't make it, I was sure of it.
And yet, here I am. Two semesters of college under my belt, almost an entire year. I've learned how to live in a dorm with other people, get over the fact that the bathroom is co-ed (which isn't as weird once you realize that no one cares... at all). I've learned that sometimes you need to postpone the work to have fun, and that the work is hard... really hard. I've learnt that professors aren't as scary as I thought they would be, and that a B+ is a perfectly fine grade to have. I've learnt that I have to let go of perfection and start looking for knowledge instead, that I can't ace everything I try. I've learnt how to stand up for myself in regards to friends I've once had, and I've learnt that most people at college (well, Freshmen, anyway) are just as nervous as you are.
And so, as I sit here on the eve of finishing my Freshman year of college, I think to myself: how quickly will the next few years fly? Before I know, will I be in graduate school? Will I be doing all those grown-up things that college prepares you for but doesn't force you to do?
And then I realize that I have to breathe, focus on the now, and just know that everything will be fine.
Again, sorry for the late (and not very great) post. According to my watch, it's 11:48, which means I JUST MADE IT. :D
Until next Monday, best wishes!
Taylor
I love your joint blog! I love everyone's voice. Good reading!
ReplyDelete